WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

FIT Color Exchange From Rachel...

... was waiting in our doorway when we got home from the State fair earlier, around 4PM. This is the first time I participated on a color exchange and I can attest, it's so much fun. And btw, I chose shades of purple for this exchange.
Once we got in inside the house, I had to rip the box right away. Rachel did a great job in wrapping each item. Here's the first scene:
Followed by lots of smalls packs. My fingers were so itchy to start opening each pack as I know a surprise will be revealed.
The personal supplies: a lovely and perfect size net pouch, gum and candies! All smell yummy-licious and I can't wait to try them all.
The craft supplies: a strand of variegated purple glass beads with a touch of green, a tube of blue moon purple beads, and various trimmings.
The office supplies: a list pad which I badly needed lately specially prior going to grocery store, a ruler which will sit behind me while stitching, various pens, and a post-it pad... all of course in shades of purple!
The knitted scarf: so soft and fluffy! The shape is like a ric-rac trimming. This will be perfect for the upcoming winter.
The dainty box: which I thought at first as a pincushion... LOL but then of course I realized it has something inside, not to mention Rachel advised me about a bracelet... and never did I imagine she made 2. how lucky could I be?
The netted bracelet made of pretty glass seed beads! I already sent n email to rachel earlier that I'll gonna wear this at the "Journey" concert on next next Sunday, last day of the Fair.
And last but not the least, the crocheted spiral rope in two-tone made of E-beads. I've been desperately forcing myself to make one of this last month to the point I stopped trying... coz I can't give my work a spiral look. Me and DH will go back at the Fair next week, and I gotta wear this piece to show it to my students.


Rachel went an extra mile in putting this package together and I'm very thankful for that. Everything is perfect, I couldn't ask for anything more. I can't wait to use all of the above.

Thank you so much for this wonderful exchange Rachel! But most of all, thanks for the friendship. I do appreciate it very much. Same goes to all of you out there, whom I've never met in person yet became my dear friends.

I have a lot other stories and photos to share, from the Fair, but that will wait till tomorrow! Not to mention I noticed that there's a lot of posts again at the EGA Group. I'm trying to read and monitor all the messages there since last month as I find them all interesting.

I hope everybody's having a great stitching week!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed everything Lody - it was such a pleasure to bead for you!! And I loved playing with all that PURPLE! :)

Dane said...

Wow! Your purple package looks great! It looks as if Rachel had a lot of fun with your color choice!