WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weaved Bracelets And Wired Necklace

I know, I know, I should be posting more stitchy stuffs!
I also finished all these jewelries this month, and are meant to be surprise gifts... but had to reveal due to a great circumstance.
These bracelets are for my dear friend in Florida, Anne, and her daughter, Kei. Anne sent me a fabulous package which I recieved on my birthday so I thought I'll make something for her and Kei. They're made of seed beads, garnet ships, freshwater pearls, MOP chunks and Silver tags. Both closes with toggles clasps.


The off-white bracelet is a birthday gift for my great-aunt in Michigan. Also made similar to the above ones, spiral weaving... made of freshwater pearls, MOP chunks, silver tags, seed and E beads. The blue-purple bracelet is has 2 beaded beads (tubular peyote), polished stones, and crystals. Another combo of simple weaving and stringing techniques.

And lastly, a linked necklace that I really enjoyed creating... my second piece with this technique. I'll post the first one when I find the photo (it was made of various glass beads). Most of the MOP chunks are from Anne, while the heart donut pendant & the freshwater pearl at the center hole is from my own stash. Still contemplating if I'll give this as a gift as well to match the bracelet above. I'm not doing really good with my stitching lately so I had to boost my ego with jewlery pieces... just so I can say I finished something. LOL

I've had really good mail days this month so I thought I better devote a post for them... something I can look back in time. Hope everybody had a great Sunday! To those in the winter dillema like me, keep warm!

No comments: