WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Embroiderers' Guild Of America And Other Guilds

I should have blog about this last month but got destructed with other things. The EGA's Yahoo group had an overwhelming discussion last month. I think since I joined the group last year, last month was the most post it had. I made it a point to read every message posted, and love them all... both the good and the bad, the advantages and disadvantages.
Places or countries that has guilds like this are lucky in my opinion. As a dear friend from Asia once told me, I'm lucky I belong to one or few embroidery organizations here in US coz they don't exist there... specially in the Philippines.
I have high respect to full-time working individuals yet have time to stitch or do other needleworks. Though I love embroidery when I was in grade school and high school, I never had the chance to revive my love of specialty stitches till I got here in the US 5 years ago. Imagine my amazement the first time I went at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's... not to mention local needlework shops who carry yummy fabrics, linens, threads and patterns.
Back to the main topic, I would like to encourage you to join an organization if you want to learn further and if you're from US, UK, Canada or in a country that has embroidery guilds. It is really a wonderful learning experience to get involve and spend quality time with fellow embroiderers once in a while.
Have a great stitching week!

No comments: