WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Friday, April 17, 2009

2009 State Fair Teaching Pieces

I've been corresponding once again to Dorothy (State Fair's Fabrics and Threads Division In-charge) since early this month about my hand-finishing classes. I started making itty-bitty models few months back which include biscornus, matress-style pincushions, rings fobs, pinkeeps, needlecases, scissors cases, etc. with monogram and quaker motifs, and without fancy embellishments. I was trying to make projects that can be done in a couple of hours or less. Though I finished majority of the pieces in alloted time, I know that not everybody can stitch & finish as fast as me. So I suggested to Dorothy that I will ask the students to skip the stitching part and proceed right away at the finishing as it's the main focus of the class. But still, I will give each student a complete kit to finish one project. Quite frankly, I'm not really sure if there'll be students who will enroll in my class, nor interested in hand-finishing. LOL On the positive side, Dorothy said she's interested and will enroll on my classes so that's a good sign.
Models for Finishing 101
For a recap, here's my classes details:

Dates: August 13 and August 21, 2009 (AM & PM Classes)

Morning Classes: 10:30 AM
Class Title: 3D Finishing 101: How to finish a biscornu, a matress-style pincushion or a pinkeep

Afternoon Classes: 1:30 PM
Class Title: 3D Finishing 102: How to finish a needlebook, needle case/etui, or a scissors case

I thought it would be nice to let the students choose which finishing they wanna learn so I gave various options on each class... that's the reason why at least 20-30 minutes will be alloted on intro and discussion.
Moreso, students who will enroll on morning and aftrnoon classes will recieve a special gift. So if you're from Iowa and is interested on hand-finishing, do attend a class or 2.:)
Happy stitching all!

No comments: