WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Encrusted Bead Embroidery

I started working on this encrusted beading last night while watching the "Golden Globe Awards". It's my first heavy beaded embroidery for almost 2 decades! yay The cabochon I used was a big button (about 2" dia.) from the jar MIL gave last week. It was caged with glass seed beads, and the 2 holes on top of it were used to attach the gold dragonfly. I wish I could deliver a better photo of this piece. I used various colors of #2 bugle beads, seed beads, fire-polished glass beads and charms. It measures about 2.75" x 4.75", from tip-to-tip. I stabilized it with skirtex as I don't have timtex or buckram. I meant to only use various shades of green beads but as you can see, I went on the other direction. This will be a pendant, or should I say BIG pendant! It's looking good so far and I enjoyed doing it! That's what important, right?
Encrusted Beading
A fellow EGA member from Cedar Rapids, Sally, was so kind to lend me these DVDs of Jan Beaney and Jean LittleJohn who are both great fiber artists. I fell in love with their works when Sally emailed me the link of a class she'll gonna attend this month at Callaway Garden. Oh, I could only wish I'll be able to attend their classes too so I can see their lovely works in person. Maybe in the future HA!
Fiber Artists DVDs
Jan Beaney & Jean LittleJohn
Since DH had to stay at the hotel due to blizzard this morning, I had no choice but to get the mail today. If only I'm not expecting any mails, I won't even attempt to open the door. Anyway, I though it would be nice to take some photos of the snow outside. LOL Here are snapshots from our snowy driveway and icy roads. I chose to take a route on the snow instead of the icy road... as it is much safer to step on. I often tell DH we live in a "white world" during winter!
January 12, 2009
Snow Photos
I hope everybody's having a warm day or night! In Stitches!



1 comment:

Biblo said...

All that snow!!! I missed the Golden Glob Awards.. Couldn't stay awake as I'd a late night the day before and was like a zombie at work and we can have a zombie at work everyday....

Good thing you have plenty to keep yourself occupied being snowed in. Wonderful beadings!!

Btw, happy belated birthday!