WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Version of 7-Layer Salad

I added this recipe in my "no-brainer faves" as it's so easy to prepare yet so yummy... lol Per Janet's request, please find below the ingredients and preparation. I strongly recommend to use a clear/transparent glass bowl for a nice presentation. Unfortunately in my case, all my salad bowls are colored so I had to grab one of my transparent baking dishes. lolINGREDIENTS:
2 to 3 cups lettuce
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup sliced cucumber
0.5 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
1 pack (4.3 oz) Hormel crumbled bacon (50% less fat)
1.5 cups frozen green peas (thawed)
2 cups mayonnaise
1 pack (1 oz) Hidden Valley ranch dressing
0.5 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
DIRECTIONS:
1. Dressing Preparation: Combine mayonnaise, ranch dressing and milk in a medium size bowl. Mix well then put in fridge while preparing/cutting other ingredients.

2. Place lettuce evenly at a large bowl. Layer the rest of the ingredients as follows: celery, cucumber, green onions, crumbled bacon, and thawed green peas.
3. Spread dressing evenly over green peas making sure the top is completely covered and sides are sealed.
4. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Lettuce

Celery

Cucumber Green Onions

Crumbled BaconThawed Green Peas
Dressing
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
The Finished Product

Tips and Variations: As you all know by now, I already made 4 batches of this salad in the last 2 weeks... and each time, I tried to make variations. The photos above were all from the first batch. On the second time, I didn't chopped the cucumber but sliced them really really thin instead. I also spread about half cup of dressing on top of celery. Third time, I cut my cucumber really thin again and used bottled ranch and mayonnaise as dressing (omitting the milk) instead of the powdered ranch (in packet). I prefer the powdered ranch... lol And lastly, I followed the ingredients above again, thought once again, the cucumber were thinly sliced.

If you haven't tried this salad, I'm sure you'll love and enjoy it.:) Not only it's fun to prepare, it's also a healthy food! If you're a vegetarian, omit the crumbled bacon.

2 comments:

Janet C said...

Thanks, Lody for sharing the recipe. Will give it a try, but I have to omit the Ranch dressing as it's not available here. Hugs.

Janet C said...

Thanks for the recipe.