WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Teaching Piece No. 1: BLOOMS PAGODA

I want to formally introduce my first teaching piece for the year 2010. Yes, it's just a pagoda finish but I was thrilled when the Education Chair of Nocturnal Needlers-Embroiderers of Oklahoma, informed me months ago that they wanna include my "pagoda finishing" in their 2010 workshops - come springtime. Really, I was overwhelmed with excitement! Now you should see the smile on my face.
BLOOMS
Fabric: Stitches and Spice
Threads: Dinky Dyes Silks, Stitches & Spice Silk, DMC
Accessories: Lody's Creations, Mill Hill Seed Beads
Ok, as the title says, it's my first teaching piece for 2010 - as on-site and/or off-site project. I had thought about offering off-site teaching pieces when another Education Chair contacted me over a year ago if I can teach for their group... which is of course a hand-finishing course. Unfortunately, the stitching guild is out-of-state and the sad part is I had to say no. Moreso, I've wanted to experience an informal class (which I already did last year) first before going to guilds. To cut the story short, my upcoming off-site teaching pieces will be available to stitching guilds and groups with at least 10 members. A photo DVD of step-by-step hand-finishing will be included in the agreement. I'm still finalizing the details but should you intend to partake on this set-up, please have your Education or Program Head to email me.
On the family side, we're supposed to celebrate my birthday (brunch) today at Aunt R's house but her furnace had a lil' problem so we did the gathering at SIL's house. I was given another family heirloom - needlework piece - which I truly love. It's a tatted doily made by MIL's mom. I'm not sure about the year it was made but I think it's over 50 years old. The crafting and beading bug continues... recieved a sub of Bead Style magazine from MIL, Hobby Lobby GC from SIL, and a set of fabulous "Crafts in America" DVD's from DH - which I enjoyed tremendously. Pictures to follow.
Lots of postings coming up so stay tuned!

No comments: