WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Stye And Some Veggies

A stye, a stye, look at my stye! LOL I woke up Wednesday last week with a stye on my right eye. I can barely open it so needless to say, I didn't do much stitching and reading... which is a bummer! It was swelling like crazy, as you can see in the photo below... It just got back to normal on Tuesday. Thank goodness!
And here are some of the veggies we recently got from our garden and from MIL's. The carrots and potatoes are all from MIL's, the rest are from ours. We picked more tomatoes and eggplants this afternoon and I can see myself canning salsa this weekend. I might have to make my own version of sweet relish just so I won't throw away the yellow cucumbers. I haven't tried this before so it will be a new task. I wish you can see how big the potatoes are. Some of the ones I used on mashed potatoes were over 7" long.
Potatoes, Carrots, and Cucumbers
Various Eggplants and Okra
Various Peppers: Habanero, Jalapeno, Daredevil, etc.
The too much rain few weeks back officially killed at least 2 of our tomato plants. We do still get some but not as much as previous years. Therefore, I won't be able to make a lot of salsa and canned tomatoes this year. I read a great tomato preserving this morning, from relish publication, by simply baking the sliced tomatoes with seasoning on a baking sheet then cool and freeze on a ziplock. I haven't tried this technique, but will do this year. I have a lot of preserved eggplants and green beans already. But I might not have much okra though, as I planted different kind this year. Plus, the deers are frequent visitors of our garden. LOL
That's all for now folks! Write later....

No comments: