WELCOME


ABOUT TCN & LODY'S CREATIONS ONLINE SHOP

Timber Creek Needleworks is a newly opened counted thread company owned by a husband and wife team. Launched on August 2008, TCN specializes in traditional and new techniques 3-dimensional hand-finishings.
Lody's Creations now carry some stocks for your stitching and finishing needs. Watch out for more items in the near future as we offer a group discount. Also, we can easily get inventories from Yarn Tree, a cross stitch distributor from Iowa, so please browse Yarn Tree's website and let us know if you want us to do a special order for you. Please take note that they only sell to shop owners and you can not place an order directly to them.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gifts For Friends And Some Beadworks

I'm wrapping up my May finishes with some gifts for friends. I'm actually way way way behind with these stuffs and I was sure glad when I had the chance to finally make them. Hopefully I'll be able to drop them in the mail today, or to be safe, within this week.
Beadworks by Lody
Bracelets made of glass pearls, AB crystals,
charms, and swarovski crystals
Techniques: Stringing, Peyote, and Off-loom Weaving
These last couple of days, I've been busy stitching MA's as I want to send them of to my partners by June, though due dates are July and August. Once all my current MA commitments are done, I might have to take a break from signing-up so I can focus on my other WIP stitching.
If things will go according to plan, I'm hoping that my entire month of July will be devoted to my State Fair entries. The new categories I'm positive of submitting is "Creative Arts and Crafts", for beadworks & paper crafts divisions. For beadworks, I'm leaning towards "needle constructed jewelries" and "stringing" classes. For paper crafts, I'm hoping I can come up with great ideas on photo scrapbook pages for 4 classes.
And lastly, I gave my Pearly Shell pendant a new look by replacing the necklace chain. The beaded beads were made of mahogany mix seed beads using peyote stitch. For a little sparkle, I also added little swarovski crystals on the antique gold spacers. I also made a matching bracelets, and probably I'll complete the set with a pair of earrings.
PEARLY SHELL - a new look
encrusted pendant, necklace & bracelet
Beadworks by Lody
Hope everybody's busy needling!

No comments: